Friday 1 October 2010

Seems EA has caved

"The majority of this feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. For this, the Medal of Honor team is deeply appreciative. However, we have also received feedback from friends and families of fallen soldiers who have expressed concern over the inclusion of the Taliban in the multiplayer portion of our game. This is a very important voice to the Medal of Honor team. This is a voice that has earned the right to be listened to. It is a voice that we care deeply about. ... While this change should not directly affect gamers, as it does not fundamentally alter the gameplay, we are making this change for the men and women serving in the military and for the families of those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice — this franchise will never willfully disrespect, intentionally or otherwise, your memory and service."

I saw it coming to be honest, wouldn't want anything to hurt their precious sales, not to mention the publicity from the controversy and now this means they'll probably sell more than ever

23 comments:

  1. Personally, I relish the fact that I can kill the taliban in a video game, but I can see where they are coming from too. To be honest, I'm not really surprised that they're changing it either since like you said: "wouldn't want anything to hurt their precious sales."

    ReplyDelete
  2. They knew damn well what they were doing. I'm sure they had the press release ready the moment they started storyboarding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Controversy sells. They knew from the beginning...

    btw, check out my tech blog- you'll like it
    http://technerdies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was never a big fan of EA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As someone in the military who has friends that were killed by the taliban I can appreciate the outlook and the understanding of EA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are more worried about bad PR than the men and women in uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've still hated EA ever since Spore's DRM...

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least they are better than Activision

    Kind of.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ehh EA have few cool games but there is always "but"

    The focked up so many great titles -_-

    I have mixed feelings about them

    ReplyDelete
  10. you take the good and the bad I guess

    ReplyDelete
  11. They changed the name thats all might as well of left it as it was

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool dude, cant wait for your next blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lame. I want realism in my realistic games and fantasy in my fantasy games. I respect their choice, but meh...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't want to offend anyone, but tbh it's just a game, if you watch the news you probably see all sort of crap going on, people killing each other, starvation, ..., but in a game? Oh no that goes too far, we don't want that! -.-

    ReplyDelete
  15. They made the right call I think. While I would have loved to shoot up a bunch of taliban, it is kind of a slap in the face everytime that side wins. And it seems to trivialize their sacrifice a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'll have to agree with Brandon B.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The people at EA are wizards, somehow this is going to translate into billions

    ReplyDelete
  18. damn never heard about that stuff. any more info about the ea plot?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your right, EA is still rippin it in sales

    ReplyDelete
  20. You can always count on something like this happening when you involve the men and women who gave their lives for America.
    Nice blog you have here bro~
    supporting~

    ReplyDelete
  21. interesting and nice post ;)

    ReplyDelete